Heart of Denali Tour
Tour length: 7 days
Price per person (based on double occupancy): starting at $1,984
Valid: June 2 to September 8, 2021
Experience Denali three different ways. First, visit Denali’s front country, the hub of Denali Park visitation. Next, go deep into Denali Park to Kantishna and stay at an exclusive wilderness lodge. Then travel to Talkeetna, starting point for most Denali climbing expeditions.
Day 1 – Anchorage
Arrive in Anchorage and overnight.
Day 2 – Denali
Depart on the Alaska Railroad to Denali National Park. Overnight in Denali near the Park Entrance.
Day 3 – Kantishna
Travel deep into Denali Park on a bus to Kantishna. Watch for wildlife along the 92 mile road. Overnight at the Kantishna Roadhouse.
Day 4 – Kantishna
Explore Kantishna on your own, take a guided hike, or visit Wonder Lake. Overnight at the Kantishna Roadhouse.
Day 5 – Talkeetna
Early this morning depart Kantishna for the ride to the Denali Park train depot. Board the Alaska Railroad for a scenic train ride to Talkeetna. Overnight in Talkeetna.
Day 6 – Anchorage
Visit the town of Talkeetna and weather dependent opt. for a flightseeing tour around Denali. This afternoon board the Alaska Railroad for your train ride back to Anchorage. Overnight in Anchorage.
Day 7 – Anchorage
End of tour.
- 2 nights in a Downtown Anchorage Hotel
- Alaska Railroad transfers in Adventure Class Anchorage to Denali, Denali to Talkeetna, Talkeetna to Anchorage
- 1 overnight at the Denali Park Entrance
- 2 overnights in Kantishna including round trip transfers on the private Kantishna Roadhouse Bus
- meals and
- guided activities in Kantishna, 1 overnight in Talkeetna.